Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week Five- Self Portrait


This assignment was really hard for me.  The guidelines on the self portrait this week was that you needed a photo of yourself doing something or with something you love.  Your face didn't have to be in the picture, just some part of you did.  I really struggled with this.  You couldn't have other people in the picture at all.  It took a lot for me to figure out what my loves were.  It has been so long since I have really done something for myself, had time to think about what my loves are.  My time is spent with my greatest loves, my family.  Since they couldn't be in the picture, I was lost.  I'm not that girl that loves shopping, and material things just don't do it for me.  So what was I going to do?  
This is what I came up with.  And trust me it took much thought on my part.  
Venti, non-fat, extra pump, extra hot, no foam Chai Latte
Arizona Sunsets- nothing beats an AZ Sunset
My Canon 50D camera and my Jo's Totes Camera bag
Lake Powell- the greatest place on earth
Snowboarding- like walking on a cloud
Pizzeria Bianco- if you haven't been, GO!
Tropical Beaches-enough said
and of course
Zumba!
My life wouldn't be complete with out my iMAC too.  This is an apple family for sure.  

Then you see just a tiny part of me, my feet.  I wish my pedicure was a bit newer, but I loved it this time.  I had the Breast Cancer ribbon on my big toe.  It seems I know more and more women that are fighting this nasty cancer.  So for them, and all other women, I wanted to show my support.  I would really love to do the three day walk.  If I was in Arizona, I think I would do it with a group I know.  But I don't know enough people here yet to form a team.   

No comments:

Post a Comment